Last Updated on
With the onset of Pinterest, sharing photos and ideas for everything from wedding decor to wedding rings, invitations, places to honeymoon, and everything in between, we are inundated with ideas from which to choose! Pinterest is a great tool, and don’t get me wrong, I love it! I’ve created many boards filled with photos of things that interest me, personally, including foods, gardening ideas, home decor, my favorite quotes, and so much more. I’ve also included numerous boards specific to our business, showing different decor ideas for each decorating style you could think of, such as Bohemian, Rustic, Vintage, Woodland, Fall and Winter styles, as well as sets for Lounges, The Reception, Drink/Bar Tables and Sweets Tables, and more! We even have a page filled specifically with items available to rent from our company!
Here’s where a rental company can step in and really help out, not only in saving you time and money by renting instead of buying, but in the set up and take down of the furniture and decor for the event itself! Someone has to do it, and the last thing you really want to be doing is pulling pieces together the week before your wedding, or doing the set up on the day of your wedding. We can actually relieve you of stress, time, and the budget woes that accompany doing it yourself.
So, what do you look for in a Rental Company? How can you be sure they’re the right fit for you? We suggest that you look for a company that has a website showing their past work, whether it be a combination of events, or styled shoots where numerous vendors have collaborated to create a styled event. View their inventory pages to get a feel for what they have available. Schedule a phone interview or consult in person to share your ideas and see how you communicate together. View their Social Media accounts, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and take notice of their posts and if they grab your attention. Read their blogs! You’ll get a real sense of the Rental company, and their core values, which go a long ways in determining the right one for you!
As with our Venue, The Loft of Elements Preserved, we sit down with each client in person, or by phone, and hear what they’re looking for in style, color, budget, the location of their event, the date of their event, and the overall client/business match. We can tell pretty quickly if we have the type of decor they’re looking for, if we can work within their budget, including installation fees to their location, if there are special installation and retrieval times that we need to work within, and if certain pieces are available on their requested date. We’ve worked with couples from long-distance for many months, to those that live and work nearby. Fortunately, for those living nearby, we invite them for a private consultation to view individual selections of inventory that seem to fit their wishes, and develop a proposal based on those. We feel pretty honored when even our long-distance couples find their Chicago venue just as they had imagined when they step foot inside on the day of their wedding/reception. So, you may ask, “why can’t I do this all myself?” “Do I really need to consider hiring a rental company?”
Here are the 5 main reasons to choose a rental company for your wedding day!
- Most companies have carefully curated their rentals to go hand in hand with certain styles, whether they be Bohemian, Rustic, Classic Vintage, Mid-Century Modern, Industrial, Woodland, French Farmhouse, Italian Garden, or something else. The benefits of using a rental company will provide you with everything you most likely will need to create a cohesive look for your event, whether it be a Lounge seating area or creating a backdrop, a sweets/dessert table, a guest sign-in area, or tablescapes for Farm Tables. The rental company knows very specifically the pieces they have in their inventory and can much more easily put a package together within your budget, that fits with your theme, than the overwhelming feeling of pulling it all together yourself. Inspiration boards are great tools in helping the rental company “see” what you’re looking for.
- It’s understandable that many couples assume that buying pieces to do it yourself will save money, especially if they already own some of the pieces they want to use. However, when it really comes down to the value of time, as a couple planning their wedding, time is not without limits; it takes time to drive around looking for Ball jars or just the right table or chairs for the Sweetheart table. Sourcing mirrors and easels can take a lot of time because not every Goodwill or Thrift store carries everything you need. Buying pieces at the Flea Market is fun, and maybe you’re able to source everything you need in this way. But, what do you do with it later? Facebook is filled with wedding resale sites, wedding garage sale sites, and people trying to sell everything once their big day is over, and you may only get a fraction of what you paid for it in return! Rentals really do cost you less in the long run, when it comes to time and money spent looking for everything you need to style your wedding.
- Have you thought about the time and effort it takes to move a sofa or buffet into place in an event space? What about packing up all the candle holders and votives following your wedding? If you have a lot of pieces you’re using, you’ll probably need to rent a truck to deliver it all, and then who have you given responsibility to pack it up and move it out after your event is over? Rest assured, it’s not anything your wedding guests or wedding party will want to do following a day of celebration! Rental companies not only will install your items in their proper location, but will return to pack everything away and take them back to their rental home. We even offer two types of installation service (1) Traditional – which allows us a 4 hour window in which to make our delivery/installation and our pickup following the event, and (2) Personalized – which is tailored to the requirements of the Venue, and is specific in the time of installation and retrieval, and each item is placed exactly where it should be place for your event!
- All the details are covered! How many times have you thought you had everything you needed for an event, only to find out that there’s something that’s been left out? Using a rental company assures you that the details are covered, and you’re not left scrambling at the last minute for small or large pieces. We’re typically only a phone call or email away from adding additional items to your Invoice, and we’ll even source those items if we don’t have them, so that your day can go off without any bumps, and you’re not out searching for needed items the week before your wedding! Our inventory includes many detail pieces, from vintage bottles to leather books, vintage trunks to typewriters, rugs, baskets, mis-matched silver flatware and trays. When we are shopping for items to add to our inventory, we are continually on the look for unique pieces that will set us apart.
- Hiring a rental company allows you to create a one-of-a-kind celebration that is tailored to your budget, your style, your theme and color, and it will never be duplicated! You’ve created lasting memories, for yourselves and your guests, that will forever be yours alone! We hope this blog has been helpful in understanding how renting your furniture, props and decor for your wedding day really does allow you to focus on other aspects of your planning, and that choosing a rental company that meets your needs and understands your wishes is the best decision you will make when it comes to bringing your wedding dreams to life.